Thursday, December 2, 2010

Overhaulin'

I decided that this blog was in dire need of a face lift, on account of I haven't written anything for it in 3 months and when I read (past tense...that word is tricky) my past entries, I was mostly just embarrassed. SO it is time for a shiny new era: an era in which I actually write things that are hopefully worth reading.

And it shall start with a recap of this semester.

1. Somehow, 16 credits=about 10 times more work than 15 credits. In case you were not aware, I am an English major and this semester, I decided to fill most of my time with creative writing classes: Intermediate Poetry and Fiction, Intro to Screenwriting, and writing for the campus TV station. The up side is that I feel like I've grown more creatively in this short amount of time than I ever have. The down side is that I now feel as though I might have a concentration disorder brought on by stress and too much time distracting myself with YouTube.

2. For a number of reasons, I decided to try an experiment with my wardrobe by spending every weekday in a plain white t-shirt and jeans. It was fulfilling and fun for me, but nobody in my classes ever asked me why I was wearing the same thing every day. Maybe they figured it was a sensitive subject...

3. I met Ke$ha. How 'bout them apples?!



















4. I spent time talking to God about future plans for my life. They hopefully include writing professionally (please don't judge the blog...this is my down time) for the screen and being a Light to people who work in the entertainment industry.

5. I cut all my hair off last week. I had been growing it out and relaxing it for about two years, and I was getting tired of it. I knew that I didn't want to relax my hair for the rest of my life; it made me feel too high maintenance, I knew it was terrible for my hair, and I wanted to be able to see the beauty in my natural texture. So here is the new me:
















Notice I am not staring at the camera. This is how you achieve a certain level of feigned sophistication--it makes you appear as if you have more important things on your mind than the computer screen.

6. I still love James Dean.














Let me know how you guys have been doing these past three months. It has been too long.

No comments: